With the Olympics in full swing, this is a good time to hear from some of the world’s best athletes on what it takes to bounce back in sports and in life.
1. Kerri Walsh Jennings, Women’s Volleyball
Adversity, if you allow it to, will fortify you and make you the best you can be.
2. Michael Phelps, Men’s Swimming
Don’t put a limit on anything. The more you dream, the further you get.
3. Mark Spitz, Men’s Swimming
I’m trying to do the best I can. I’m not concerned with tomorrow, but with what goes on today.
4. Carl Lewis, Track and Field
It’s all about the journey, not the outcome.
5. Wilma Rudolph, Track and Field
Never underestimate the power of dreams and the influence of the human spirit. We are all the same in this notion: The potential for greatness lives within each of us.
What’s your favorite quote?