Web Analytics

Bounce Boosters: 5 quotes to help you bounce back in life – the Olympics edition

(13 Comments)

With the Olympics in full swing, this is a good time to hear from some of the world’s best athletes on what it takes to bounce back in sports and in life.

1. Kerri Walsh Jennings, Women’s Volleyball

Adversity, if you allow it to, will fortify you and make you the best you can be.

2. Michael Phelps, Men’s Swimming

Don’t put a limit on anything. The more you dream, the further you get.

3.  Mark Spitz, Men’s Swimming

I’m trying to do the best I can. I’m not concerned with tomorrow, but with what goes on today.

4. Carl Lewis, Track and Field

It’s all about the journey, not the outcome.

5. Wilma Rudolph, Track and Field

Never underestimate the power of dreams and the influence of the human spirit. We are all the same in this notion: The potential for greatness lives within each of us.

What’s your favorite quote?

Like this post? Please click on the Facebook button below!

Comments

13 Comments

1. awesome quotes… I am leaning toward Michael’s the most!

2. saraholeary says:

Fun quotes. The Olympics remind us that it’s all about what we believe and what we’re willing to go for!

3. CiaraConlon says:

I love them all, but I think the one about not putting limits resonates best with me. I am always guilty of trying to figure out how things will happen instead of letting go and accepting that there are not limits

• Bobbi Emel says:

Yes, I struggle with that, too, Ciara. I’ve had more than one person ask me why we can’t find a way to do something rather than think of all the ways it won’t work. Maybe someday I’ll learn . . .

4. Amit Amin says:

For me – #’s 3 & 4. Every day, I try and remind myself to optimize the journey, not the outcome, and to optimize today, not to plan on how to optimize tomorrow.

5. Kaylee says:

I really like #3, because today is all that we really have to work with. Why spend it worrying about tomorrow?

6. farouk says:

lovely quotes
    thanks for the motivational push
    keep it up

7. Melusi Kitai says:

I love #3. Making the most of today is something I have to learn. Awesome quotes!!!

8. judi domino says:

Unquestionably imagine that that you stated. Your favourite reason seemed to be on the web the simplest thing to understand of.
    I say to you, I certainly get irked even as
    other folks consider concerns that they
    just don’t know about. You managed to hit the nail
    upon the top and also defined out the whole thing without having side-effects , folks can take a
    signal. Will likely be back to get more. Thank you
    judi domino recently posted…judi dominoMy Profile

CommentLuv badge

Bobbi Emel is a therapist who helps people in Los Altos, Palo Alto, Mountain View and the greater Bay Area manage their stress and develop their strengths.
She is effective in helping people dealing with anxiety, worry and grief; and also those who want to improve their effectiveness and performance.